Theme: The possible role of financial reporting in supporting economic growth
(in collaboration with “Financial Reporting”)
The recent financial markets turmoil pushed scholars to debate the role of accounting rules on the economic crisis. This Track deals with the role of accounting and financial communication rules to promote the economic development.
Papers are encouraged in areas, which include (but are not limited to):
- Pro-cyclical effects and accounting rules;
- Banking industry financial statements and credit crunch;
- Industrial public policy and financial communication by companies;
- International accounting rules and local development problems ;
- Financial communication as economic development factor.
A special issue
of the Financial Reporting (FR)
will focus on the conference theme. Authors whose papers are accepted for presentation in this Track are encouraged to submit their papers for the FR special issue. Papers submitted for this special issue will undergo the normal journal review process and the usual submission fee for the journal will apply. FR submissions will be accepted until March 1st
Back to Program